Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Initial Thoughts and feelings when i returned to my home University

Hi Everyone,
I had wanted to do some initial thoughts on how it was to return to my home university and start some classes as well as other things. My thoughts are going to seem possibly jumbled but you know when you get back from SAS, things are just different.

For those of you that might or might not know, my home University is the Univeristy of San Diego located in San Diego, California in the Linda Vista Area (for those San Diegians, its not UCSD or SDSU and its the "castle" on the hill)

Coming back to my home university and taking classes again has been a bit strange to me as i am discovering what has really changed across the campus and with people and i have noticed that a lot of things have changed not just with campus but also the people that i know. Some of them that i knew before the trip have either graduated or left. Some have matured over the time and are doing well. It was sad to say but a few apparently forgot that i was going abroad which kind of made me sad but i shrugged it off.

I am currently taking 18 units, have a job and am doing two organizations, Accounting Society and Study Abroad Peer Advising. I love what i am doing. I don't regret what I have done. SAS is life changing before you, during the trip and after you have returned home. I love being able to inspire other college students to do Semester at Sea  or even just to travel abroad. I can't wait to continue doing more events and sessions to help those who are in the process of getting ready to travel abroad. It's something that has really helped me get used to being at home after being away for three months. I am behind most of my friends who are slated to graduate next year but i have met some new contacts within the classes that i am taking that will help me as well.

I am also living in a dorm again as i have since freshman year and i am still getting used to the fact that i am not on a ship rocking away in my sleep. Every now and then when i go to sleep on my bed, i seem to feel it but i don't mind the feeling. It's definitely strange to now have to over half a campus to get to the library and my classes. Things have really changed at my university and well the look of it for the most part has not changed. The commuter lounge where i hang out at with some of my friends who commute has gotten quieter so i get weird looks when i start talking in there but hey, i have been there since my freshman year and all the new people can get over it. Moving on...

I think overall i am getting used to the new routine and finding myself at a new point in my life where i can do something more than i was before. I look forward to doing things everyday even when i was tired and exhausted where as before, i didnt have that outlook on life. I have some hope i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment