Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Singapore and some side notes

Sorry, but my relfection piece from Nassau to Cochin unfortunately will not get done because school is going to be crazy so it will not get posted so I will just do a huge piece at the end. I forgot to put the map and the flag up previously for you all for Singapore! So late as can be, here was everything I didn't put up prior coming here

Singapore was absolutely amazing from the subways to the history and all the rich culture within. You can seriously say that it is a land of immigrants but the religious tolerance there is so phenomenal that you can see a hindu temple straight across from a Christian church. The people themselves were so down to earth. I could so live here! J Singapore is very modernized as a country and to be frankly honest, more modernized than the US in respects to technology, architecture and transport systems. I practically wandered all over town in to areas such as Orchard Street, Chinatown, Little India and just the harbor front which was so amazing. I was pleased to have been able to come here. I loved it here and would love to come back here to eat food. There was nothing better than food here. Oh and FYI to everyone, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, Burger King, McDonalds, and Subway plus Seven Eleven all exist here too but if you want to try some awesome food, you have to go to Little India or China town. Amazing food! I love it! Most of the other ports we went to so far, immigration were done on board the ship. However here in Singapore, we actually had to take our passports with us and keep them around for the day as we traveled and then go through immigration with them later. I bought some really nice clothing here and it's so comfortable! This makes me so excited for Vietnam, China and Japan. Stay tuned for my next piece on the Vietnam War and surprise about my traveling in China J

 

 

Muslim Community

 

Architecture in Singapore J

 

Next up Vietnam!

Thank you for all the comments!!!! J Semester at Sea is an amazing experience and after Vietnam I will post a new thing on China and Japan together just because after China and Japan will be extremely exhausting for me. Love you all! A shout out to my parents and the staff at Aall Care! I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miranda,
    How many souveniers have you bought? Can you send a picture of the Hong Kong flag? Does Hong Kong even have a flag?
    Have you been feeling better lately? What did you get to eat in Little India? Did you like India? Was Little India similiar to the real India?
    We hope you are having fun in Viet Nam. Remember you are RAWESOME<,RAMAZING, AND ROCKIN.

    FROM
    ROOM 18

    ReplyDelete