Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dominica

January 23, 2012

It was such an exciting day with just coming to the island of Dominica which was a two day ship ride from Nassau, Bahamas. We landed early this morning around 7:30am and it was such a beautiful sight.

Today I went to the markets first thing this morning to shop and then walked around and took in the sights before I went to my first excursion at 1pm. The excursion stopped at the ship's view lookout point. We could see all the cruise ships including our own which made the experience very neat and fun to go to.

I went to the Island hot baths and it was so amazing to be soaking in these baths. They are mineral water baths and are just incredible place to be in. There were so many different pools. There were the hot ones. The one picture that I was in is the warm pool. It was perfect without being too cold.

 

The bus smashed underneath the tree happened during Hurricane David which smashed through Dominica. This particular bus was donated prior to the hurricane by the Canadians and unfortunately was under this particular tree before the tree collapsed during the hurricane and smashed the bus so it's now a mini monument. Needless to say, the Canadians did not donate another bus to Dominica.

January 24, 2012

This morning I had the whale and Dolphin safari and I had hopes of seeing some marine life today but unfortunately I did not get lucky today. I didn't get to see any marine life at all in the ocean. I still had a good time on the boat with everyone and had a wonderful boat ride for the whole time. I did shop and bought some souvenirs and spices to bring back home to cook with. It was a fun experience to be able to go to Dominica and can't wait for Brazil. I had a fun picture with an acquaintance on board though J

1 comment:

  1. We were wondering what language they speak in Dominica. Samantha thought the water baths were cool. Sean said that the mineral baths make you look younger.We were wondering why you decided to go on a boat excursion right after you got off your ship. We thought you'd prefer to be on land. Catrina is excited for you to go to Brazil because she is doing a presentation on Brazil on Feb. 15th. Raunak was hoping you will attend a soccer game in Brazil. You Are RAWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete