Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cape Town, South Africa Day 5 & 6


Day 5:
So I decided that instead of going to a SAS trip for the day, I decided to go to Table Mountain but the trip there was well worth it! I went with one of my good friends Hannah and we took a taxi all the way up to the cable cars to go up to the top of Table mountain. It was extremely cloudy on the mountain with risks that we might not be able to go up there but we did make it there and we hiked around the mountain area. It was amazing to take pictures that would literally scare me but it was awesome to see everything.
We stayed up there around three hours before heading back to the ship and that night I went to dinner on my own for some relaxing time and had some sushi. (Forgot to take pictures of it sorry) It was my second time going to this place because I liked the food and finally asked the waiter why they put mayo and caviar on top the rolls and he told me that for those who dislike the fishy taste, it removes that part of it allowing the individual to enjoy the sushi more. I had to admit, he was right. The sushi tasted really good with mayo and caviar mixed together on top not to mention that having a Sapporo with it was just divine. I was relaxed that night.




Day 6
Today I went to Warwick Wine Estates for a tour, a wine tasting session and a picnic. It was amazing to go through the winery and check out how the process works but most of the time, the wines are usually in a fermenting stage within the winery. The grapes that go into making the wines are so good to eat! To make the white wines, they use just the grape juice and to get the red wine they use both the grape juice and the skin of the grapes to get the color. They outsource only the barrels and the bottling because it is too much to actually produce the bottles and barrels as well for the company.
 The wine tasting was interesting though I did not care for most of the wines. Here is what we tasted:
Professor Black Sauvignon Blanc
Chardonnay
The First Lady Chardonnay
The First Lady Cabernet Sauvignon
Old Bush Vines Pinotage
Three Cape Ladies
Trilogy

After all of that, we still had a picnic and the food was so good!! I loved the food and I enjoyed the experience of having my first wine tasting session in South Africa on February 29th 2012. It was so much fun and a few guys in our group got a bit drunk. (Ok they shared about 6 wine bottles together on the bus before we got back to the ship so they were pretty much drunk at around 3pm in Cape Town. Nothing wrong with that right? I thought they were hilarious as they were drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment